Saturday, August 18, 2007

Another Visitor?

I leave on Thursday at 12:55am! Oh my gosh! I need to start packing! Actually, I did start packing today. I'm going to be so prepared for this. I've got my intro to TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) textbook, gauze bandages, fingernail clippers...what else do I need? Oh, one change of clothes, three left shoes, air soft gun, pocket knife...yah...I'm going to be so prepared for anything.:)

I'm looking forward to my living situation. I'll be rooming with my old roomate from Fox, Tyler, with a gentleman that lives down there named Jorge. Here's the Jorge connection: I went to Honduras with my Spanish prof last year and found out about Mayatan School. I then applied to Mayatan school and my Spanish prof (Viki) introduced me to Megan who taught down there for 2 years. Megan then introduced me (via e-mail) to Jorge, a friend of hers that she met while teaching down there. I don't know many details but I'm definitely getting more and more excited with each passing hour as my flight gets closer to leaving.

The not so exciting thing is that Tyler and I will be leaving Seattle at 12:55am or something like that...boo! We fly straight to Houston, then from there to San Pedro Sula, Honduras around 11:30am or so. Not bad, it's less than a 12 hour trip to there, but then we have about a four hour bus ride to Copan where we'll be living.

Well, this "another visitor?" business...I was at two of my best friends' wedding last night and met two of their friends from college who are planning a biking trip from El Salvador to Costa Rica. They have plane tickets already leaving in October and getting back the end of November. I told them they should probably come through Copan and stay with us, or at least visit. That'd be pretty sweet. Tyler and I (I'm putting words in his mouth) are super excited about any visitors since we will be able to share our lives with some people and they can see and experience what we'll be going through every day. So if you want to visit Honduras, take a number and send me an e-mail.:)

2 comments:

Bethany Bylsma said...

i want to.
oh man.
i want to visit.
alaska is pretty darn far away from everything else on earth at this point.
well...
except maybe canada.
and i don't know many people there.

dangit.

Meaghan said...

good luck in copan, zach!