Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Teaching change!

After all this switching there has been one last switch as of yesterday (Tuesday). I’m no longer going to teach first grade! I’m so happy about this! I’m not going into the library, but I have the second best possible job. I’m teaching 7th and 8th grade math, 7th-9th grade science, and then 7th-9th grade computer courses. We only have about 7 computers and so far I’ve only gotten about 3 to work. We only have connections for 3, tomorrow I’ll try to mess around with the cables and power to move things around and be able to work all 7 computers at once. There’s only once class each for 7th, 8th, and 9th. Which means that I will see the same students in several classes throughout the week. This is excited, but it also means that I have a lot of work! Ty is switching to teaching 7th-9th grade English/literature, 9th grade math, and then 7th-9th grade art. It’s perfect for him! Perfect for me! And perfect for the two of us to work with the same students. We are the only English speaking, foreign born secondary school teachers. Students have a variety of other classes which I can address in a later blog when I have more time. I’ve spent quite a while on this computer already and I need to get out and talk to some people as well as eat dinner! I’m darn hungry! Just thought I should update ya’ll about this latest change, which should be for the better, and should also be for good! WOO! Apparently the 8th grade class is also a little behind, as well as the 9th, or something like that, so I’m excited to challenge these students and encourage them to learn and expand their brain power as well as their self-esteem, self-confidence, world-view, etc! This is going to be a great year!=)

2 comments:

Jared said...

Way to be flexible! Sounds like you will be quite busy!

By the way, did you hear about Antonio Puerta from the Sevilla soccer team?...se murió. He was 22!

Mandipants said...

oh gosh =)

sounds like a normal school system? Any need for another teacher down there?!

hope you two are doing well, we miss yah!