Monday, November 3, 2008

Pobres Borrachos

For Halloween the foreign staff decided to have a little celebration in which some people dressed up as crayons, some as an aquarium, and some as just an under-cover Halloween celebrator. Well, a couple of the Hondurans decided that it would be fun to also come, but to come with a whole bottle of whisky and already fairly sloshed. Then of course they drank more…and more…eventually one of them got so drunk that he really had no idea what he was saying (and to make matters even better he drove to the party). I swear that I have never received more compliments in one night from one person. Shoot, I got more compliments from him that night than I’ve gotten in the past 10 years of my life.
One point of the conversation we’re trying to ask him how to say mold in Spanish but instead the conversation lead into ants. David, Tyler, and I were the ones talking to him and trying to keep him occupied away from his drink and so David asks him, “where do ants come from?” Our friend responds, “you know that’s an interesting question…” And he keeps going on about it. Tyler and I are dieing of laughter and trying not to make David laugh cause our friend is very serious. But David keeps asking ridiculous questions like, “And how do you talk to these ants?” Can you honestly keep a straight face if a serious conversation about ants were taking place in front of you?
The end of the night approaches and my friend asks me to drive him home so I take David along with me as he can drive a manual (If you’re reading this Jared, it was started on a hill, I can’t do that yet…). We get out to our friends house to drop him off and by the time we get there the alcohol is setting in, he lives in the middle of nowhere, and he wouldn’t let us leave cause it was too dangerous. We finally get another friend of mine to drive all the way out there at 9:30 at night (which is really late here!) just to bring us back to the park. Oh drunk people…why are they so difficult?

1 comment:

Jared said...

Some day you'll be able to do it. You'll have to come back to the Midwest for your next lesson. :)