Friday, May 30, 2008

I Told Him So!

I told him, “If you don’t get at least an 84% on the final exam this quarter, you will fail the whole year. So please, study your butt off now so that you can pass the year and not worry about failing.” I made the final exam for this quarter the exact same problems as the study guide and who came through? That student! He got a freaking 100%! Nobody else in the entire class got 100% on the test, and although the class average was low 90’s on the test, he was the only one with a flawless test. I couldn’t even take off half a point for little mistakes, it was perfect, like what every teacher dreams of.
Now that I’m done with classes and with final exams that means that I’m done with most of the secondary students until next year. There are still recuperation tests this coming week in which the kids who failed the year have a chance to take a test and make up the entire year. I’m making those tests freaking hard cause I feel that if somebody failed the entire year (especially with about half of the grade being homework) then they probably weren’t trying too hard. I notice that kids who do their homework also generally do better on the tests, surprise to everyone!
After recuperation tests next week then we have a much lower key last week and we’re done with the school year! Oh summer can not come soon enough….:)

No comments: