Saturday, May 24, 2008

Solo Faltan Examenes!

Es como salir de la esclavitud de siempre estar encargado de los cipotes. Ok, I’ve been in Spanish mode lately since classes semi-officially ended! I no longer have to teach, however, I do need to give three more final exams and at least 2 recuperation tests for some kids that failed the year in math. It is such a relief to be done with classes, yet at the same time, I already miss it a little bit. I’ve been so busy with classes and classes and classes that now I’m a little bit lost. For now it’s a good sense of loss and I’m feeling great about it! However, I feel like once next week is done I’m going to be a little bit bored and wanting to go back to school. Maybe I’m just making that up to try and keep down my enthusiasm right now.:)
I got to thinking also about the ninth graders leaving in just a couple months and going to far away places to study. Since there is no bilingual school within two hours of here a lot of the kids go to Santa Rosa (2 ½ hours), San Pedro (3 hours), or Tegucigalpa (6 hours). I probably won’t see any of them again, maybe once in a while if they come back on vacation or something, but that’s sad. I’m going to miss all of them, even the ones that get under my skin.:) But for now let’s not think about that, instead let’s think about how we are done with classes for the summer!

No comments: