Sunday, February 22, 2009

Agua Caliente

In celebration of our Director's birthday this coming week we all took a trip to the hot springs this weekend. It was a lot of the foreign staff along with one of the Hondurans, Ffarah (with her husband, uncle, and daughter). It's about an hour drive out to Agua Caliente from Copan on a dirt road and of course the best way to get there is in the back of a pick-up. So we all loaded up into two pick-ups and headed out there for the afternoon. It was sunny as we left Copan but on the road out there it started raining! It was cloudy almost the whole time at the hot spring, luckily the water is, well...hot.
There is a little statue of sorts that the waters comes out of (I'm not sure this is allowed...) and so we climbed up to the top of it to start jumping into the pool. Nelson (Ffarah's husband) did a back flip off of it and all I could muster to compete with that was a cannon ball. So he started to teach me by starting on the side of the pool and jumping backwards. A perfect back flop to start! Now with a red back I tried it again and landed upside down on my head...I had to practice it like 10 times but I finally did a back flip from the side of the pool. With enough confidence mustered up I climbed up on top of this statue about 6 feet tall and did a back flip! Woo! So next time you see me at a swimming pool and you want to see a back flip...just go ahead and ask.:)

No comments: