Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happiness in Seattle

At last my view of baseball in Seattle is repaired. For nine years I have suffered without my favorite player of all time in Seattle...I've been checking every time I get online to see if Junior has signed with anybody yet. Then I see the title I've been waiting for in an e-mail from my parents, "Griffey's back." My heart goes soaring through my chest and suddenly it seems like the last day of school before the summer. This is proof that not all baseball players are complete idiots...that there are still a few decent players in the game. Ok, he's just returning to Seattle for a last tour of his home-team and not curing cancer or anything, but for a person who likes the Seattle Mariners because of one player, this is like life coming full circle. From seeing Griffey Sr. and Jr. hit back-to-back home runs, watching Griffey slide into home beating the freaking Yankees in '95, and watching the entire infield stand between first and second I'll never grow tired of my Griffey memories. So here's to one of the few players with class in the game...who's stayed clean through all the steroid accusations...who inspired me to enjoy playing center field...and who made me proud to bat left-handed.:)

No comments: