Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dog Sitting

I got a call from the neighbor of a friend who wanted me to dog sit and I agreed to help out. Now I'm about half way through day one of about nine and these dogs are crazy! There's three terriers of some kind and one pug who thinks he's a terrier. Terrier one likes to play fetch non-stop! The family suggested to play just for 20 minutes three times per day (but we've already played four times). Then terrier two and three have yet to leave their cage. They just stay in there all day because they're depressed I suppose. One of them has kidney problems and so the owner left me the vets number "just in case" he goes into kidney failure. He drinks a lot and has to go to the bathroom a lot "but that's good for him." Oh, and he sleeps with me....yay. Then there's the pug who apparently has bladder issues. So there are some "diapers" that they put on him....they are actually maxi-pads stuck to a cloth and strung around his backside. I get to change that....woo.
And how could I forget about the cat! There's a cat who comes and goes apparently. I haven't seen him all day but his food is sitting here in case he ever comes home. It's no skin off my back if he doesn't, I hate cats. But the owners might see this as a bad thing (who knows why). Well, I suppose it's time to take the dogs out once again...maybe those two mutts will come out of their cage this time...or not. And the pug keeps making growling noises randomly all day, do all pugs do this?

1 comment:

Jared said...

Diapers, kidney failure, depression, identity crisis, cat MIA...wow. Continue having fun with that, tio.