Saturday, September 13, 2008

Uncharted Territory

Half way through week number two and Independence Day is quickly approaching us. Since almost all Central America gained it’s independence from Spain at the same time (more or less) they all get the same holiday. Thus September 15 is not just a national holiday for Honduras but rather more of a Central American holiday. This proves to be an eventful weekend as we will be marching on Sunday for school. There are parades all week long up until Monday for Independence Day. Since Monday’s the actual holiday we get that off school….then Tuesday is Día de la Mochila or something like that so we get that off school…then Wednesday is Día del Maestro (Teacher’s Day) so of course we get that off…then Thursday we go back to school for two days.
Now, my uncharted territory for this break is that I’m going to be traveling. I’m not too sure where I am going, or what I’m going to be doing; but every good thing begins with an idea, right?
As for school itself nothing has happened that is too uncharted, as I’ve been staying in the library for the most part. Outside of school once again, nothing too uncharted as it keeps raining most every day, stays humid all the time, with thunder and lightening to scare the *insert word here* out of you.:) I’m putting up some photos on Facebook of a rainstorm we had recently. I think that the storms are my favorite part of the weather around here….coming from Seattle it’s so novel to see rain that cools (doesn’t freeze)and actually pours instead of misting!
This has been one of my more scattered blogs so I think that on this note I should end it…if you ever see the book, “The Penguin who Hated the Cold” you should read it because it makes for great kids (and teacher/parent) entertainment.:)

1 comment:

Jared said...

Hey, tío. Hope this week has gone well for you, especially with all your Día de algo... :) Sweet. So when you come back, and I need help finding a book in the library, will you help me? ;) BTW, thanks for the new phrase that I can use when I am at a soccer game. :)