Thursday, October 30, 2008

El Probema con la Escuela

The problem with school is simple...you have behavior problems. The problem is that these not being my own kids I can't spank them, take away dinner, make them finish homework before playing, take away tv, take away video games, etc. So a kid misbehaves, we tell the parents, and then it's out of our hands for the most part. What are you going to say, "I'm going to give you double the homework!" the kid doesn't do it anyways. "I'm going to take you out of the classroom!" He would prefer to run around outside.
The real problem with it though is that the vast majority of kids that I've seen problems with the parents have come in at some point and you realize, "that explains so much about your son!" You may tell the parent that the child is constantly picking on other kids and the response may be something like, "well it's cause other kids pick on him first." Or maybe, "your son never comes to school with his homework completed." And the quick response is, "Well he doesn't understand it." The response should be simple, "Your kid is in first grade! He's drawing squares! Help him with it!"
If only I could be the parent of all the children....I could spank them, take away their tv, and solve all the problems of the world...maybe not.:)

No comments: