Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ojala Siga Lloviendo!

I show back up at school today after a week of vacation and I'm thinking..."ugh, back to the grind." I show up and notice that there doesn't seem to be as many students as I previously remember. Turns out the highways around here are TERRIBLE! The highway between Copan and Santa Rita (where we have about 50 students) has always been terrible, but with a tropical depression passing over the past week or so it's now worse than ever. There are highways down by Tegucigalpa that are totally wiped out with rivers swollen more than Hurricane Felix last year. Some say it's worse than Hurricane Mitch in some parts....but I think that they've forgotten already how bad that was. Anyways, with all this rain and 50 students missing we only had classes until 9am! I was very sad....but after I mourned for a couple seconds I had an extra spark in my step.:)
Now here we are wondering if we're going to have school tomorrow. It hasn't rained much today but it hasn't heated up to clear out the old rain. I'm hoping that it rains tonight to have one extra day off. Some schools are canceled through Thursday due to bad weather. You can probably look up pictures and stories and stuff online...probably not CNN as this doesn't pertain with the US or a Leftist ruler...but other news sites might have it.:) We'll see what happens...

No comments: